Promoting Friendships and Early Learning

How does my child qualify for early intervention services?
Children under age three are referred to Inland Regional Center. A Regional Center Sevice Coordinator will come to your home with an Early Intervention Specialist to evaluate your child’s development or you might go to the Inland Regional Center office in San Bernardino. If a significant delay or disability is observed, you will be involved in a discussion about how to help your child. This is all part of the Individual Family Service Plan. With your approval your child will be referred for Home Visits or center-base classes. Early Intervention Teachers will work with your child and with you to assist your child in making progress towards goals you have helped to develop.

What are the qualifications of V.I.P. TOTS staff members?
Early Intervention or Child Development Teachers have California Child Development Permits or a minimum of 12 early childhood units. Some administrators and teachers have Bachelor’s Degrees, Teaching Credentials or Master’s Degrees. Home Program teachers have 24 early childhood units or AA degrees or bachelor’s degrees. All staff members receive ongoing training at V.I.P. TOTS.